BBQ Beef Kabobs
(Makes 3 to 4 servings)
|3/8 cup (90 mL)||canola oil|
|3/8 cup (90 mL)||cider vinegar|
|1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 mL)||Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL)||salt|
|1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL)||coarsely ground pepper|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 tablespoon (7.5 mL)||dried basil|
|1/8 teaspoon (0.63 mL)||dried crushed red peppers|
|1 pound (454 g)||thick cut sirloin steak|
- Combine the canola oil, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, basil and crushed red peppers in a bowl. Mix well.
- Cut the sirloin steak into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
- Place the marinade in a large Ziploc bag or flat covered dish. Add the cubed beef. Toss and shake the beef to coat every piece with the marinade. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove the beef from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Thread the beef cubes on metal skewers without squeezing the pieces too tightly together.
- Preheat the barbecue on high for 10 minutes then turn the heat down to medium-high. Oil the grate.
- Grill the beef for about 10 to12 minutes with the lid closed, turning the kebobs every few minutes to brown the meat on all sides.
To watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3mLZ9p_f0FQ
To contact The Cooking Ladies or see more of their recipes go to www.thecookingladies.com