(Makes 3 to 4 servings)
|1 pound (454 g)||grated parsnips|
|1||small apple, peeled and chopped|
|1||small onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||all purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon (5 ml)||salt|
|1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml)||black pepper|
- Combine the grated parsnips, chopped apple, and chopped onion in a bowl. Toss to mix thoroughly. Add the flour and toss again.
- Combine the eggs, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl. Beat the egg mixture.
- Add the egg mixture to the parsnip mixture. Stir to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Place a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil.
- Place spoonfuls of pancake mixture into the pan. Gently flatten the surface of the pancakes to create an even thickness.
- Cook the pancakes until they are golden brown on each side, with a slight crunchiness.
- Dab extra oil around the pancakes, if necessary, in order to brown them.
- Serve with apple sauce or sour cream.
To watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvqCxftTPUU&feature=player_detailpage
To contact The Cooking Ladies or see more of their recipes go to www.thecookingladies.com