Balsamic Grilled Zucchini and Tomatoes
(Makes 2 to 4 servings)
|2||small green zucchini|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|freshly ground sea salt|
|freshly ground pepper|
- Slice each zucchini in half, lengthwise. Trim the ends.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, lengthwise. If necessary, trim a small portion of skin from the bottoms of the tomatoes so they will stand upright on a serving dish.
- Brush the cut sides of the zucchini and tomatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Lightly brush the barbecue grate with olive oil. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place the zucchini and tomato halves cut side down on the grate.
- Cook until the zucchini and tomatoes are browned, tender, but still firm.
- Set the zucchini and tomato halves on a serving plate with grill-marked sides up.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over the surface of the vegetables.
- Finely grate Parmesan cheese over the vegetables.
To watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEUHiWpGQFU&feature=player_detailpage
To contact The Cooking Ladies or see more of their recipes go to www.thecookingladies.com