(Makes 6 servings)
|1/4 cup (60 ml)||cold water|
|1/4 cup (60 ml)||hot water|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||Philadelphia cream cheese|
|2 cups (500 ml)||trimmed cilantro leaves, lightly packed|
|1||jalapeno pepper, seeds and membrane removed|
|1||medium garlic clove|
|3/4 cup (180 ml)||mayonnaise|
|cooking spray or canola oil|
- Pour the cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the surface of the water. Let the gelatin stand for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the hot water to the gelatin. Stir or whisk until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Set the gelatin aside or place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, cilantro leaves, jalapeno pepper, garlic clove, and mayonnaise in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add the gelatin to the ingredients in the processor. Process until the gelatin is thoroughly combined with the other ingredients.
- Lightly oil muffin tins or decorative individual portion size cups.
- Place the cilantro mixture into the muffin tins or decorative individual cups.
- Place the filled containers in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Turn the muffin tins or decorative cups upside down on a cutting board or plate to remove the cilantro mousse.
- Place the mousse on one or several serving dishes. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve with crackers or small toasted breads.
To watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=D42VmzHZn10
To contact The Cooking Ladies or see more of their recipes go to www.thecookingladies.com