Hot Orange Chicken Drumsticks
(Makes 2 to 3 servings)
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||orange juice|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||hot sauce|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||olive oil|
|1 tablespoon (15 ml)||orange marmalade|
|1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml)||hot sauce|
- Trim the drumsticks of any excess fat and place them in a bowl.
- Combine the orange juice, hot sauce, and olive oil in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the marinade into a re-sealable plastic bag or airtight container. Add the drumsticks to the marinade.
- Place the drumsticks in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours to marinate.
- Combine the orange marmalade and hot sauce and set aside.
- Oil the barbecue grate and heat the barbecue to medium-high.
- Turn the heat to low and place the marinated drumsticks on the grate.
- Close the barbecue lid. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken drumsticks once or twice through the cooking time and baste with the marmalade-hot sauce mixture.
To watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZWZC1qzNAw&feature=player_detailpage
To contact The Cooking Ladies or see more of their recipes go to www.thecookingladies.com