Hot Pepper Jelly Brie
(Makes 2 to 4 servings)
|2 teaspoons (10 ml)||olive oil|
|1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml)||dried oregano|
|1 tablespoon (15 ml)||blanched almond slices (optional)|
|1||brie wheel (125 g)|
|2 teaspoons (10 ml)||hot pepper jelly|
- Combine the olive oil and oregano in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Crush or chop the almond slices into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cut the top skin off the brie wheel (optional). Brush the top and sides of the brie wheel with the olive oil mixture.
- While holding the wheel to maintain its shape, cut the cheese into 8 to ten equal triangles.
- Spread the hot pepper jelly over the pre-cut brie. Sprinkle the crushed almonds over the jelly (optional).
- This recipe can be finished on the grill or in a countertop oven.
- On the grill: place the brie in the center of a square of a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Make sure the foil square is larger than the brie wheel.
- Preheat the grill on high for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off on one side of the grill.
- Place the brie, on the foil, on the side of the grill without the heat.
- Grill the brie, lid closed, with indirect heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is soft and warmed but not melted.
- For an oven: place the brie in the center of a square of parchment paper larger than the brie wheel that has been folded over several times to give it stability.
- Heat the brie at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) for 5 to 10 minutes, until it is soft and warmed but not melted.
- Serve with crackers.
To watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocgA4Efbi8&feature=player_detailpage
To contact The Cooking Ladies or see more of their recipes go to www.thecookingladies.com