Lemon-Herbed Sweet & White Potatoes
(Makes 2 servings)
|1||medium white potato, unpeeled|
|1||medium sweet potato, peeled|
|1 tablespoon (15 ml)||olive oil|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml)||dried rosemary, crumbled|
|1/8 teaspoon (.63 ml)||salt|
|1/8 teaspoon (.63 ml)||pepper|
|heavy-duty aluminum foil|
|1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml)||olive oil|
- Cut the unpeeled white potato into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- Cut the peeled sweet potato into 1/4-inch thick rounds.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil on the counter. Drop the 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil onto the center of the foil.
- Spread the oil over the center of the foil.
- Create a row of potato slices in the middle of the foil with alternating white and orange-colored slices.
- Brush the oil, lemon, and herb mixture over the sliced potatoes. Let the mixture trickle between and around the potato slices.
- Seal the foil around the potatoes leaving an air pocket inside for steaming.
- Preheat the grill on high for 10 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and place the potato package on the grate.
- With lid closed, grill the potato package for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Turn the package over half way through the grilling time.
To watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6l4Dxgf3ow&feature=player_detailpage
To contact The Cooking Ladies or see more of their recipes go to www.thecookingladies.com