Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil Bites
|16||mini bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls)|
|16||mini cherry tomatoes|
|16||large fresh basil leaves|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||extra virgin olive oil|
|freshly ground multi-color peppercorns|
- Fold a basil leaf around each cherry tomato and secure with a frilly toothpick.
- Push a mini bocconcini on the end of the toothpick beside the cherry tomato.
- Arrange the bocconcini and tomato skewers side by side in a shallow, flat bottom dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the cheese and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle generously with coarsely ground pepper and sea salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to blend the flavors.
- These little hors d’oeuvres are best served in the olive oil mixture so they can be rolled in the olive oil one more time before eating.
To watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJDmnWbG1Kg&feature=player_detailpage
To contact The Cooking Ladies or see more of their recipes go to www.thecookingladies.com