(Makes 3 to 4 servings)
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||finely chopped red pepper|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||finely chopped garlic|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||finely chopped ginger|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||extra virgin olive oil|
|20||peeled, deveined extra large shrimp|
|cooked rice (optional)|
- Wash, trim, and thinly slice the green onions. Set aside.
- Combine the red pepper, garlic, and ginger in a bowl. Add the olive oil and mix well.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture. Toss the mixture in order to coat the shrimp with the garlic and ginger.
- Preheat a griddle on the barbecue, or a frying pan on the stove, to medium-high.
- Pour the shrimp, pepper, garlic, ginger mixture onto the heated griddle or into the frying pan.
- Don’t walk away. This won’t take long.
- Cook the shrimp by turning them until they are pink on both sides and just cooked through. Stir any loose garlic, ginger, and peppers to cook them evenly while the shrimp turn pink.
- Serve the shrimp as an hors d’oeuvre or over cooked rice.
- Garnish with the green onions.
Watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video