(Makes 4 servings)
|4||boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||barbecue sauce|
|1 tablespoon (15 ml)||Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||fresh lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml)||salt|
|1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml)||pepper|
|2 to 3||garlic cloves, crushed|
|1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml)||dried basil leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml)||paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml)||crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 tablespoons (30 ml)||olive oil|
|1 cup (240 ml)||cooked rice|
- Trim the chicken breasts of any fat. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, basil, paprika, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken for 5 minutes or until browned and no longer pink. Stir often.
- Turn the heat down to low. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken bites and sauce over the cooked rice.
- As an hors d’oeuvre, serve the bite-size chicken pieces with toothpicks.
Watch The Cooking Ladies prepare this recipe on video